Divorce is a very stressful time in a person’s life. During a divorce, you are required to make very important decisions that will affect both you and your children. It is important that those decisions are well thought out and not made as a result of overwhelming emotions. Reacting to the many emotions experienced through divorce such as anger, depression, sadness, or euphoria can lead to bad decision-making, which could have lasting consequences. One of the goals of Divorce Coaching is to help people manage their emotions so that better decisions are made. Dr. Drutman and Ms. Schechtman provide divorce coaching.
The Benefits of Divorce Coaching
- Provides you with information about the emotional process of divorce
- Teaches you strategies to manage your spouse or ex-spouse’s behavior
- Provides Parenting Plan review and education
- Gives you instruction on healthy coparenting and how to achieve it
- Private and Confidential
- Provides a forum for the confidential discussion of your concerns and fears regarding your divorce