When there is concern that a litigant may have a drug, alcohol, or other addictive behavior disorder, a judge may order a Forensic Substance-Related and Addictive Disorder Evaluation. This evaluation must adhere to very strict guidelines to insure that the findings and recommendations meet certain legal standards. Dr. Drutman and Ms. Schechtman provide Forensic Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders Evaluations that adhere to the high standards that the courts require.
The Forensic Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders Evaluation Includes:
- Multiple forensic interviews of the client
- Psychological Testing of the client
- Forensic interviews of the children if appropriate
- Interview of the other parent
- Forensic interviews of professional collateral sources such as personal physicians, psychotherapists, teachers, etc.
- Forensic interviews of non-professional collateral sources such as neighbors, friends, and family
- Review of legal pleadings and relevant documents submitted by the attorneys
- Review of prior physical and mental health records
- Random drug and alcohol screening
The Forensic Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders Evaluation will provide:
- An assessment of the individual’s psychological functioning, including their mental status and the presences of any mental disorders
- An evaluation for an substance-related or addictive disorder
- Recommendations about any special precautions that need to be in place to protect the safety of the children
To learn more or request assistance, please call Dr. Howard Drutman at 678.670.7020.